Thursday, November 02, 2006

So I Woke Up On Grey Street

I did; and if you don't know where that is, I suggest you go get yourself some DMB! That is exactly where I woke up, and I'm thinking it could be, perhaps - NO, definitely - y e a h, definitely because of the slight lapse in dosage of my latest little flip of the med-change. So do I stay on this current wave of fun, or go back??? Stubborn, as I am. Oh, I am stubborn - stupidly stubborn; a huge portion of me, wants to be, dare I dream, drug-free. for what really? Mostly the unknown and for all intense purposes I suppose, for me, the unthinkable side-effects these drugs have had on my body of late and what they may or may not hold in the future. Because, who really knows what the combination of these drugs carries?

Ok, so that sounds like rambling. Back to Grey Street: At around 4am, thank you very much (NOT), in my, oh what and exactly where do we "see" IT really? The aura appeared. Quite beautiful I must add, looking like the scene of the old game, Centipede, the way IT was swirling IT's way through the maze of nothingness in my mind, or eyes or wherever IT was. IT had millions, seemed, of leg-like swirls with ITself, moving along, around and around, and I of course, was in my usual stupified 'awe' until I realized, much later naturally what was happening.

My aura are not like the typical aura that I read about. I read how most Migraine appear within 30 to 60 minutes after aura. This is not the case with me. I am NOT, in any way, shape or form - t y p i c a l. My aura comes, and when I am thinking perhaps it may not come at all, or I have forgotten about it happening entirely, about 6-8 hours later, BAM, I am suddenly nailed with it.

Now, yesterday, I had the subtle (yeah, right) needle-to-the ear pain I get that sometimes precedes these little attacks. Could this have been a precurser? Should I have been forwarned, or should I have known??? What is wrong with me? I mean, for crying out loud! I really ought to know by now - my own state of being when IT is coming. right? yeaaaaah. Getting back to the pretty, swirling centipede of my aura now; as IT was moving ITself along, the colors were flashing from
red to grey with each curl of the body. I know that doesn't make much sense, but there was sound, too. "Buzzz zzipp zzzzz" almost like the sounds my son makes when he's playing with his laser toys. I read an interesting article this morning here that I think anyone with Migraine, whether having aura or not should read. anyway . where was I??
confused now.

Ah yes, the confusion is now setting in with the nausea. Oh, and the chills. Isn't having Migraine Disease a little like having the stomach bug? Only on a much "grandeur" scale, if you know what I mean. I've been off of Topamax since April, and yet, for the life of me, I can't seem to get my hands warm for NOTHING!! What gives with that?! I thought, maybe, just maybe that was a nagging side effect I was going to shake! Not so lucky.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! Evita is playing on HOD - ciao! Time to go watch Antonio, sit with the kids, make some cocoa - we do love musicals. AAAAhhhhh - Antonio. Now there's an abortive I can live with. Do you think Melanie would mind?? I know Frank won't mind, they can share cigars. But I think Melanie might have a problem here!

No comments: