Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Something Old is New Again



Remember these pretty pieces a few posts back? Well, after a few coats of paint and some fresh, new pillows and some new fabric, they have been reborn..... For some odd reason, Bosco seems to think they have been done for his sole benefit, after much rolling in DIRT. UGH!!


Well, good thing I've had patience and love for this big boy AND extra fabric to lay over my cushions.

Ok, look;
the chair. The plantar, I found at another sale for a mere $2 and painted it to match the fabric. I can't wait to put some plants in it to match the pillows. I'm thinking some pretty yellow petunias and bright pink to pick up the pink that you can't see in the picture.

For those of you who have sat or visited our porch in the past, you may notice something different; the railing. We had the brick wall knocked down. It was falling apart anyways, so we just helped it along. The brighter color showing, is approximately 2 1/2 feet of more room we've been given. More room for my pretty new furniture.

Which brings me to this:




I know, I know; it looks just awesome. And it is just amazing how comfortable it is. Now if the weather here would just WARM UP, we could actually sit out there, have a glass of wine and enjoy.

I was originally going to use them in my new gazebo; but they look so pretty and inviting on my porch. However, I have been known to change furniture around and around and around, so we don't really know where they may end up. Frank is afraid they'll be stolen; but for today, I like where they are.

I'd like to thank my friend, Judy, for inspiring me to continue my dream; you have no idea the magnitude! Thank you. (oh, and seriously, you should tell Dan the $300 thing)

Frankie, for never busting my bubble - you are the best. Today, I take my placement test. scary. It has been 20 years since I've taken a test. Here goes.....

wishing you a painfree day
deborah

3 comments:

Emily said...

the patio furniture looks awesome! did you do that all yourself? i hope you involved your slave laborers...i mean children!

Princessa Con Problemas said...

Wowza! Those look fantastic!!!

Allie said...

I love the colors you chose! So elegant and fun!