Friday, January 05, 2007

Six Weird Things

"According to the rules... Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You". People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"

Oh boy, where do I begin? My kids are forever telling me I'm weird. My husband and friends say I have issues. I believe I am simply unique. Jennine over at Life in the Canadian Desert, tagged me for this, and I thank you, because, quite frankly I've had nothing NOTHING to write about. This should be interesting, here goes:

1. I, too hold my breath in tunnels; however, my fear is a bit stretched. When passing thru said tunnel and under train bridges, not only do I hold my breath, but I close my eyes and cover my ears, while making a humming sound, so as not to hear the train as it's crashing on top of me. Yes, while driving. I know, amazing I sill carry a valid license. My family laughs, while first-time passengers usually are stunned and freaked by such behavior.

2. I like to send odd house-hold objects to school with the Cat-mawler when she's not looking; for example, yesterday I sent her with a 5lb dumbell. Just a little something for her to find when she gets to school. She has found things like, dogtoys, Frank's slipper, wadded newspaper, balled socks, Nick's toys. You know, things you just wouldn't find in a bookbag of an 11 year old. Imagine the look of surprise on your childs face when they get to school and open their bag.

3. This is just plain fun! Going thru a drivethru, and order everything as if the speaker is broken. " I w. ll ....ave ..icken ....ggt, ... ies .. oke ...ith and no..... I repeat NO....., got.... at?" Then continue another order for several more people in car on seperate checks. Same way. NO LAUGHING. Which by the way, is impossible. Because you will be in hysterics. I also leave messages for people on their answering machines the same way. If you call from your home phone and cell, they really think it's the machine. I know, I still have friends too.

4. On the subject of answering machines; here's one I've put on mine: "Hello.....(pause)......hello??....(pause)....... Oh, hi there. Excuse me?...(pause).......... I'm sorry, you'll need to speak louder, you're breaking up.....(pause)......Oh, these stupid machines! Leave a message after the beep please and we'll get back to you later."

This usually leaves people stunned on too many levels. First, they think they're talking TO you, then they're yelling AT you, then they realize, they've been had after they've already been agitated. It's really quite entertaining.

5. I have the most organized shopping cart in the grocery store. Seriously. I have sections; canned goods, boxed, produce, dairy with my butter and cheeses in one area, and milk and half &half in another. Soap products, frozen. you get the idea. My cart is the epitamy of OCD/Anal Retension at it's finest. It is so orgainized, in fact, that when I get my one cart to the check out, they can't seem to understand why they can't fit it all back in, and need to get me, both another cart and a "helping hands" person to push and help unload it for me. Yes, I do have a neat and tidy organized grocery cart. I get strange looks from shoppers as I rearrange it so everything fits just so. I think they're just amazed at it's wonder. Hey, they could shop out of my cart!

When Frank shops with me, he's not so curtious about my cart, and he wants to just throw things in. I have to straighten them out. He just shakes his head at me. Sometimes he gets his own cart. Ok, enough of that

6. The Dreaded Public Potty (UGH) - I know I've posted on this before, so I'll do it quickrun version. Because, it just grosses me out to think about having to use it. Never use your hands for anything. Avoid it at all costs. Use elbow to open doors, shirt to lock. Squat, don't sit. Expell first foot of t-paper, it's contaminated, trust me. Flush with foot. Hold breath and get out QUICK. Those germs are going to be blasted 6 feet in every direction! Literally. Get papertowels under your arms, turn on water, soap up and wash. Dry hands, use towel to turn off water AND to open door. Drop towel. Purell hands outside of bathroom.

Purell is cheap and great! I have one on my keychain, in my purse. I have the wipes in my van, his car. The kids each got Purell in their stockings. We're weird that way. Germs are everywhere, and they suck.

So now I need to choose 6 people to do this meme. It's amazing what you can learn about a person really. We're not so different from one another. I can't wait to see what you write!Good luck, and have fun. view from the cloud, windlost, sassylime, the daily headache, life in the canadian desert, . I apologize for my inability to hyperlink. As stated before, I am not, I repeat NOT familiar with this at all.

5 comments:

Emily said...

this was funny just to read yours.

even funnier to think of mine. i did it. :)

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I can't decide if #2 is the weirdest thing I ever heard or the sweetest ;-)

Oh, and I'm with you on most of #6, except for the part where you hold your breath when you flush because "Those germs are going to be blasted 6 feet in every direction!"

Thanks a lot. I've never thought about that before. Now I have one new thing to worry about.

deborah said...

You know, I could have gone on and on with that one! And really, they do fly 6 feet. Scary, isn't it. My kids have the same hang-ups as far as bathroom etiquet go. You should see my 14-year olds hands from her excessive hand-washing. It's sad really. Red and raw. My husband is trying to de-actify Nick by taking him to the public poty when we're out. I yell from afar, "Don't sit!!!! Wash your hands! And by all means, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!" Which usually gets me some weird stares. WhatEVER!

Jackie said...

ok, I'm working on mine as we speak, and if all goes well, it should be up in a few mins! (or hours, lol).

Sue said...

Great list. I'm de-lurking. I found my way over here via Jackie at Life in the Canadian Desert.

I'm a migraine sufferer too. Your comments on public potties - I SO get that. Ick. Just ick.

My weird thing....hmmm...there are so many....I have a fear of bridges.