Friday, August 22, 2008

This and That

So, this is the table that I rescued last week from the doom of the dump. Yeah, here it's ugly. But look at the potential!!

The first thing I did was take it apart. I just knew it was going to be awesome.


So after I painted and then glazed, it looked sort of like this. But naturally, it looks different on the computer.

I took an old faux leather panel and cut it up and it is now the top of my card table. Perfect, if I say so myself.


It's hard to see how the colors came out, but the base over the original is a pea green color, and the glaze is a soft cream color. Very nice.


Seriously, the camera has done NOTHING for this little project of mine today. I don't care. I'm very pleased with it. And to think, someone wanted this nice table to end up in a land fill. I don't think so!
I hope you are having a nice weekend. Our pool is filling. The kids were in it today - freezing. I was cruising in a very pretty yellow Corvette today, with my hair flying in the breeze. Nice day. And the Yanks are ahead 9 - 4 so far.
Wishing you all a pain-free weekend.
Deborah

1 comment:

PROUD AMERICA/LIVING LIFE said...

Deb
What a great job you did!! I have a friend out here that does the same thing..

It is nice when you are that creative. My creative outlet is my scrape booking. I have fun with that.

Hey , do you wear a mask when you paint???? The smell of paint or anything like that sets a migraine off for me....do you have a trick I could learn from. I want to paint our bedroom this beautiful blue color I found...but my husband (he is the one that has to take me to the ER) and I are afraid it will kick off a migraine!

Any advise??

It look great!
Have a pain free day!
Liz