Monday, March 24, 2008





Ahh, Easter Sunday. (please ignore the laundry basket); brisk and naturally cold here in our area. A balmy 24 degrees, albeit very sunny and bright. Too bright for me. Yes, the life of a migraineur. Never happy. Complain when it rains, because of the barometric pressure causing the dull thud, and complain when the sun shines; because well, photo-sensitive. nag nag nag.





Where was I? Easter Sunday. After our service at church, which was by all rights very lovely; but extremely loud for me. Another problem I must complain about - noise/sound - everything lately , and I do mean everything, is at an all-time high volume. Everywhere I go. I must remember to carry earplugs with me for such occassions. You know, like life in general. However, the service, despite the volume was wonderful.



Once we were home, I'm guessing you can tell what Lexi and Nick

were up to, a good old fashioned egg hunt. Bri and the girls opted to sit that out and just watch and wait for the candy to come to them. Then we were off to my Mom's to deliver an Easter Lily and off to Nonna's. . . . .























where we spent the remainder of the day and part of the evening. As you can see by Lexi's incredibly large and gleaming smile, which she now always shows off, (and yes, I'm cracking up looking at her - she is such a nut!) , she enjoyed Nonno more than anything. Wait, that is, except for the carrot cake, two pieces, yes TWO, of cheese cake - topped with cherries, and more ham, and more turkey; he just continued to pile more and more on her plate.


Why??? Well, because Nonno likes to make sure YOU eat. Lexi enjoys eating and she just has a problem not knowing when to stop. This made for a wonderful pair. Look at the picture again. When Frank and I were finally on to the notion of how much he was piling into her and onto her plate, we sort of freaked out. literally. I explained, calmly, and laughing that she might just explode or dis-embowel right there on the spot; as she won't stop eating.


Frank on the other hand, wasn't as ummm, friendly. He talked, rather loudly at Uncle Vince, that's what we call him, and told him in no uncertain way, to STOP GIVING HER FOOD!


He insisted, Nonno/Uncle Vince, that she must still be hungry; or he just didn't know any better. Again, look at the picture. It was very funny. He is so cute. For Lexi's sake, I let her top button open. She thought I was taking her away from him, and she slapped my hand and told me, "zip it Mom!" Her way of letting me know, she's not taking any crap. go away, leave me alone.


And then it was time for her and Bri to be picked up; Michelle was at the house to get them and bring them home. She didn't want to leave his side. She bolted her rear in the chair, refused to allow ME to put her coat on; oh no, Nonno had to do it. She chooses who will be her pet for the day, and he was it.
She is such a joyful child! This smile is somewhere between devious and happy. But when she is NOT happy, look out. She can be an absolute terror. I wonder if it is because her lack of true communication lies deep down, and she is just frustrated; with herself, or her environment. Or does she really understand any of it at all, to be frustrated with? She does emit anger, though. But 99% of the time, this is what you will see on this childs face. Pure happiness. Silly, happy, joyful Alexa. Eternal child. Thankfully, she really doesn't understand what life has dealt her.
I do believe that one day, one sweet glorious day, she will be made perfect. And I can't wait to meet her again on that day, next to my Lord. What a day that will be. I wonder if I will miss that goofy, silly smile. Or if I'll even remember it.


Well, for now, I can cherish it, enjoy it and have fun with it. Love her, play with her, make sure she's happy and well-taken care of. to the very best of my ability. And pray she never EVER experiences a migraine. seriously.
hoping you all had a beautiful Easter
Deborah

No comments: