Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Dec'in the Halls - Part 1


















Last year, after Christmas, I bought this gorgeous white tree. I just knew I wanted a white tree. I knew I no longer wanted to deal with hanging lights, or sucking up the needles every single day. after day, after day. I didn't want to undress my beautiful, decorated tree to water it every stinking day, just to re dress and decorate, and clean the needles AGAIN. This year, I am very happy with my tree; well, that is, the tree in my living room. This year, I have two trees. This is our White tree (in the living room).





I have decorated it with these fabulous vintage ornaments I inherited from my neighbor Millie. They are so vibrant against the white, and remind me of my Mom's tree when I was a little girl. It is so colorful.



I go back and forth between the robins egg blue and the pink, trying to decide which are my favorites. But I still keep coming back to the blue with much stronger feelings. They are so tranquil and sweet. Not to mention, they do match my blocks from last year quite well.














I love that it takes up such little space. Next week, I will display my Bird tree for you. In the meantime, don't forget to visit www.thoughtsfromovertherainbow.blogspot.com to see more decorations. My link isn't working, sorry.



3 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Beautiful tree!

susan said...

Deborah-I love your white tree! That is what I do--two trees. I do a "dressy" one and a family one. You were very fortunate to inherit the Fontanini! I hope you'll come back and show us. Thanks for participating and posting the button!!!

PROUD AMERICA/LIVING LIFE said...

Deb,
This is the first year we are buying a white tree...it will be real though, the flock kind. Do you like your fake one better than the real one? I love the white, my husband and i are going to have a lot of fun, we are buying all blue and silver orni. and all our christmas paper is the high end blue foil kind. I can't wait. There is just something about the white and blue and silver.
Strange how we are always on the same page????
I consider you a migraine sister!
BTW thank YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TEAS...I JUST CAN't find them out here...
talk to you soon,
liz