Sunday, October 05, 2008

My Pretty New Cabinet


Of Course, this it the before picture. Now remember, this was on the side of the road, in two pieces. Sad, I know. It has been in the garage now for far too long.


This is the very sweet toile fabric I used for the background. I just love LOVE toile. I originally purchased a different fabric that just wasn't what I was really looking for. Soooooo, I had to go back for what I really wanted, this!!



Here is the top shelf, and it's not totally done as far as the decorating goes. But here it is. I love chickens, and my kitchen is all roosters and such. My dining room is a gorgeous deep dark eggplant color, but the camera never gets the color right, it brightens it up too much. The lower color, below the chair rail, is a suede finish and color. I did this when we first moved in and I still love the colors.


Does my country - like cabinet match my more formal - like dining room? Not so much, but I love it. And because we have baseboard heating, this is actually the only corner in the house that will take it. It's the only inside corner. So it's the perfect spot.


I don't think you can even tell, but I put glass knobs on the front door. It had ugly wooden knobs that just had to go. Overall, I am very happy with it. Not to mention, it was somebody else's garbage.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I like your paint colors, too. Hope your head's doing better. :-)