Monday, January 05, 2009

Hello again my neglected blog site. I have been away spending some quality time with my family doing, well, quality-filled things. Like watching as my kids decorated some cookie cut-outs for Christmas. That was one day I was able to sit at home. Aah, what a wonderful day that was. I was fortunate to have the majority of my shopping done ahead of time. But I refused to stop. I'm stupid that way.



When I couldn't find things to buy the kids, I would shop for the new pup. Now she is still fun to buy for. Oh, and she is sporting a pretty new collar complete with bling. I'm sorry I don't have a picture right now. And she is getting so big. I had a wonderful Christmas. My kids were home, Bri included. And she was here for two days and nights and had a truly wonderful time with all of us. It is so awesome to have her with us. The puppy woke her with kisses. Lexi didn't care too much for that.






Frank got a big screen TV, for sports and such. And I must say, it's impressive. Although, when you have some neurological um, problems such as myself, it makes for some interesting viewing. I have found that standing near the set is a big no-no. Also, if it showing a scan-like scene, I musn't watch, it makes me nauseaus. I was never good with the big screen, so it's no big shock really. I can't do the IMAX, or what used to be called the Cinescreen. They make me puke and fall. This is just the home version. Watching this while in migraine mode, not a good idea. But the picture quality, is incredible at best!! Especially for sports. Can't WAIT to see a Yankees game on this baby!!



This is our beautiful family I have never introduced; my MIL, Nonna; my step-daughter, Rachel; then there is my brother and sister-in-law, Larry and Pam and their daughters, Jesse and Ricci.




Oh and this is Rachel's new puppy, Mocha. And she just happens to be Rocco's grand daughter. Adorable isn't she! And soft and cuddly.

Frank and I on Christmas; and his brother Joe and Annette. Annette and I were having a very, VERY good time together Christmas evening. "WOO HOO!"


It has been a very difficult past two months with Uncle Vince; he is sick. Please pray for him. And for Anna (Nonna). She needs strength to get through this time, and patience. She is a tough lady.

Thankfully, my pain doc was able to perform another cryoanalgesia just before Christmas, and it seems to be working. I have been able to live with and thru the migraines I have been having. They still come, but not as unbearable.

On the downside; I have been denied again by my insurance company for the medication that works as a preventative to keep them at bay. I believe this was our third denial. Amazing. I refuse to allow it to get me down. I still have the Great Physician to take care of things for me. He has gotten me thru all of this thus far. I know He will get me thru the rest.

Happy New Year and Best wishes to you.
Deborah

2 comments:

Anna's Spot said...

Happy New Year to you also Deborah,
I am sorry the insurance company denied your preventative meds. All our supplements that help with MCS are alway denied too so I know how much that sucks. I love the pictures and I my husband and I cannot do IMAX since becoming ill. He always had motion sickness. I developed neurological problems from the toxic mold and cannot enjoy it any longer. But that is just a little annoyance. Good to see you back and glad you were able to enjoy the holidays.
Hugs and Love
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah - Long time no speak! Don't forget a letter to your state insurance commissioner might be a good idea - they can sometimes get the insurance companies to behave! I'm glad you had good holidays and some nice family time! Hope to catch up more soon. Could you do me a favor and change you link for me to my new site? The old one will be closing down soon!

Be well,
Megan