Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall, Beautiful Fall







What a beautiful weekend we had for apple picking! We took the kids to one of MANY orchards we are fortunate to have here in NY. The sky was clear and blue. The weather was warm and sunny. The trees were vibrant with the change of color. Simply beautiful. A perfect day for apple picking.


As you can see by the pictures, the kids enjoyed themselves. They wandered thru a corn maze; rode horses, bounced on; well, bouncing things. We ate junk, delicious junk.


Now prior to our trip, Frank and I had ventured with Nicholas' class last week to a different orchard. We had so much fun with the kids there. They have goats and baby cows, chickens a pig. He was pretty stinky. But the baby cows, they were so sweet, they licked my hands!! I think they just may have been my favorite part.




Oh, this scarecrow here; I redid the face. The first time I made it, well, it came out kind of scary. I don't like the scary stuff on Halloween. Call me weird, but I don't. So, after a few days of freaking myself and the kids out with my scarecrow, I brought it back in and tore the eyes off, sewed them back on. Made a new mouth, a nose, and now we have a happy scarecrow.



Maybe I'm just being a Mom, but how cute does this kid look in his new glasses!!!! I know, I know - adorable. We just call him, "Dork."

Bosco is getting his winter 'fluff' in. Oh, yeah, he is growing extra stuffing in his belly area to keep warm, too. He is such a big boy. This is how he prefers to be held by the way. Weirdo.



Thursday, Frank and I were chaperones with the Second grade class at Nicholas' school for the Pumpkin and Apple Farm. It was so much fun! There was a wagon ride, and animals, the obvious...pumpkins, apples, cider.


This is Mr. Abbott himself, helping Nicholas with his pumpkin. He drove our wagon. What a sweet man. He grew up on the farm, never lived anywhere else; and had lots of stories of his own parents on the farm growing up, and his children. We had so much fun with the kids.

Unfortunately, this is how I have been feeling. eeeww, I know. Let's see, could it be the lack of sleep? mmmaybe. OR those hammers there could have something to do with it. I can hear them as they knock - over and over. It doesn't go away anymore. It is just ever-present. gotta love it. Today, I tried, stupidly I might add, to wear contact lenses. Not so smart. As I hate the feeling of having anything IN my eyes. and they just don't work as well as my glasses. I have just awful eyesight. My prescription is pretty strong. blah blah blah
hey, at least we have had some really nice weather. my kids are healthy and happy. My husband was fortunate to find a job. In his retirement of all times. Whatever. For me, this week, I'm going to get busy with some more of my crafty things. It's what I like to do.
Hoping you are pain-free
Deborah




2 comments:

Emily said...

i love the pictures - i wonder if it's too late out here to find an orchard? it sounds like fun.

i hope you get better soon -- the sleep/bad migraine cycle stinks!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Nothing ever better than fall.