Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Can You Say, Hammertime?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is what is happening to me today. Yes. Me. Not only to my family room. But my head, yeah, we're feeling it, too baby!


My doc put me on Pred yesterday. Although it tastes pretty nasty, I'm game this time around. I'm hoping it works. I'm not sure right now with the added noise I'm experiencing how it's going to work.


It's really quite entertaining to have men, in the lower confines of your home, busting pipes and losing their sanity. I say, "entertaining" as my children, bless their little ears, are home this week. Since a few choice words have fled from their mouths, the kids just look at me with wide eyes and giggle. Ages, 6, 11 and 14.


Two years ago, two wonderful years ago, we had a nice quiet family room. The volkwagen (TV) was down there, games, books, cds, videos, all that stuff. Family Room was the title I gave it remember. And then came Spring. Up came the water level thru the nice warm berber carpet, and out of a family room was I. The volkswagen was moved up to my livingroom. (I'm currently hearing the boss downstairs screaming at his crew - very entertaining - this above the hammering.) Anyhoo, Philip and Ramesh ripped up the carpet and the insurance company, naturally, denied our claim. After much research, we are now, yeah, just now - my health took a turn for the worse and I became a priority - getting a french drain dug. Or blasted as it sounds. Hence, the jackhammer. Which has one cat in hiding, and Bosco, the retarded cat in plain site and under their feet. Not the brightest crayon in the box.


The dog is locked in my room, wanting desperately to rescue us from the noise. Not a chance! Frank has called to take me carpet shopping tonight. I'm game, hopefully. Although, right now, the sound is beginning to have a strange jarring effect on me. It is making me feel as though it's inside my skull. This is just so not good on so many levels.


On a bittersweet note; my baby sis had good news today. They are moving. And though I am so very happy for them, I am also very sad at the same time. Because I will miss them dreadfully. Her husband was offered a DM job in KY, so this is a great step up for them. How cute are they? By the way, Bosco stays here, Jam! But you're welcome to take Rocco. I won't tell Frank.
So I'm off to take some more meds. Time to soothe my head. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Sounds like a messy project. Yuk.

I guess you'll know where it came from the next time your 6 year-old belts out a #%!@%&*!