Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, Cinderisa


Today marks my girl's 14th birthday! Where does the time go???? So much has changed since she was just a little thing. She didn't start out little, though. When she was born, she was 8 pounds, 8 ounces! Head out and screaming - TMI, yeah. The doc said, "you're in for it with this one!" And he wasn't kidding! This child screamed non-stop for the first 4 years of her life. So did I. I cried, wondering, what was wrong with her. When she was 16 months old, after months of projectile vomitting, endles fevers, and more, she ended up in the hospital in renal failure. We were terrified. She was so sick. We were told she could lose her kidney, or worse, lose her. She made it, thankfully. She was a tough little fighter.

This is her, shortly after it all happened. This child, sat up at 4 months old. I wasn't used to that, as Alexa sat up for the first time on her first birthday. I remember trying to sit Michael up at 4 months, thinking if she could, surely he could; but he fell backward. OOPS! Poor Mike.

"look, I found a quarter!" Easter egg hunt. This is on Virginia Beach; our vacation place. The kids absolutely love it there. Unfortunately, we didn't go this year as I'm no good with travelling. Maybe I will be better next year gang. I hope so for your sakes.

Here she is with Cassie at the "Awards Banquet" at school. It's unbelievable how tall that girl is, isn't it!!! Marisa is NOT that short either. Cassie is just very tall. Marisa calls her, her friendly giant.
This is her instrument of choice! My little girl is a drummer. It's not the best choice for someone who suffers from migraines, I know, and NO, we don't have a set here - she does at her Dad's house. Not her own, but his. One day, I'm hoping we can invest in a set for her, maybe set up the shed for her. It's pretty big, with lights and electricity; far enough away from the house where it won't affect me, and will give her some privacy. It's a great way for her to get out any aggression. Believe me, she has aggression. Girl+hormones=aggression. Oh, that and having a sick Mom added to it, you do the math.
Anyway, this is a great kid my Cinderisa. I can't wait to start my day with her. I've spent too much of it doing nothing today. We need to go shopping and do something with her. Just her! I'm sure she'll enjoy that. I know God has an amazing plan for her life and I hope and pray she heeds to it.
Happy Birtday big girl. I can't believe you are 14. I love you so much. You are a unique and wonderful young lady. The world is right outside our doorstep, just waiting to devour you. I am going to do my best to keep you safe and wonderful and healthy as long and as best as I can. Stay you. Because YOU are truly awesome! I love you.
Mom

No comments: